Saturday, May 14, 2011

To Jayda on May 14













That she would travel all the way to Victoria just for my 50th birthday party, do my toes and my fingernails and dress in minis with me, photographing the whole thing at angles that made us look good..... That's a friend.
That she would travel all the way to Netanya when she detected a small note of sadness amongst all my happy words.....That's a true friend. (How we dance the waves, wear each other's dresses and each love it when the other looks even better than she does in this or that outfit. How we match at times, contrast at others, always bringing out the best in each other.)
That the very friend who arranges nature so that every photo is picture perfect and happy, would be the one who sees all the facets of me, reads me between the lines, knows when my smile is mixed, my happiness complicated, my questions unformed and unaskable. And that she would ask the sensible questions that untangle my tangles, dance me towards clarity.....That's a soulfriend.
Happy Birthday Jayda. You are so very beautiful. Love Nomi

No comments:

Post a Comment