Friday, September 2, 2011

A Quiet Friday night



















































I want to return to the Janie visit. I want to touch it. I want to save treasure moments from that visit, though today, too, without Janie here, was also a day of experiencing beauty, the taste of guavas from our tree, pomegranates hanging red over a wall. I want to feel, now, a late night moment when Janie came down to the kitchen, glowing such a beauty and we hugged and I can, I can feel it now. I don't want her to be far from me she is not far from me.














A walk to the beach to watch the sun go down over the waves and Shabbat descend over Netanya.














Sunny lit the candles, colourful candles from Tzfat, not saved to take home, but lit right here in Israel, in Sunny's special Jerusalem candlesticks.














I want to find form for the silkenwine visit, make a story. It fragments, like dreams not remembered. I will take, picture by picture, time to refeel that time, that luscious time. But first, these calaniot from the spring. Click on the picture, let it fill the screen. Let me be simultaneous. Let all of my Friday nights be this one, jolly harmonies with Randy and Eva, Daniel and Simon and Hannah, and there will be so many more, because that bunch will not disperse and leave an empty nest at all. They'll gather here and there around the world, and sing together always. Justin at our Netanya Shabbes table sharing the drash from shul, sunflowers Sunny and Shlomo chose at the Friday flower market. A Friday at Kat*47, so many Fridays at 47 Bowman Street. This quiet Friday right now. I am simultaneous. I carry the candlelight the challah the songs. The song. It's one song, with pauses.

No comments:

Post a Comment