Friday, September 4, 2009

A Lullabye, a soft welcome to nonbeing

And then what happens?
I suppose, now, we untangle the tangles. An ancient and beloved prayer says, "Ana b'koach gdulat yemincha tatir tzrura" Untangle the tangles, let go.
I'm thinking of a sweet song,
"Tonight I want you to rock me to sleep
I want you to sing me a song
I'm tired of trying to do everything right
And I'm tired of being so strong."
How hard each cell must have worked, each system, these last few days. Stay alive. Stay alive. Don't give in. How must it feel, to let go to the becoming part of universe again, nonseparate from other molecules.
I suddenly, this moment, understand how death is a wedding.
With this sigh,
this release,
this last small energy,
we, the cells, the molecules,
the white blood cells,
the red,
the pains, the hurts,
the kindnesses,
the stories,
that held together loosely for so many years,
being a being:
with this letting go,
we give ourselves to universe
and become nonseparate.
We hereby let go.
**********************************
And now I see that death is a birth.
And that universe rocks the change in its timeless arms,
and sings it a soft lullabye
a welcome to nonbeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment