Saturday, January 9, 2010

Parallel Worlds


26 below in Calgary. 26 above in Netanya. I guess it evens out.
Rona in Calgary is teaching first person fiction writing. I'll try first person plural writing. There is Nomi1 who stays in Israel to doula Benino to its opening day, and Nomi2 who flies to Calgary to be with Tala on her special day. Surely both exist. I shall write the full and fictional story in first person bifurcated.
I'll spare the details of how they cloned me, a cell of the heart, or a fractal of the neshama, carefully duplicated, one of me dressed in a tank top and sandals, the other in winter boots, same eyes, same smile.
Nomi2 touches down in Toronto, walks with Mommy to bring tongue sandwiches to Uncle Izzy, compares mythologies with Daddy, and then flies to Calgary, where Tala sings and the angels smile. (Nomi1 sends a loving blessing by video, and receives a movie of the whole event). Nomi2 is so proud of how Jayda has mothered and nurtured and her beautiful Tala, and of how Tala mothers Jayda when Jayda needs a mother. And she is bursting with pride as she sees the wisdom and glitter of Tala, teaching us, delighting us, comforting us in the awareness that Jewish tradition will continue through her generation and on to the next. And then, while Nomi1 is busy in Tel Aviv, Nomi2 is singing with Janie, artsand crafting with Sunny and learning with Shlomo and Justin in Winnipeg.
Dear dear friends and family in Canada, I hope you will understand. It is probable now, that I will be postponing my Canada trip, in the real world. But the delicious planning we've done together, and gorgeous generosity of your welcomes to me, are as real as real.
Nor Skype nor phone nor email nor blog can come near the sheer and ancient power of loving imagination, to bring me right into your arms and into your warm and welcoming homes. I love you, and will see each of you in a not too distant time.

No comments:

Post a Comment