Sunday, April 10, 2011

Tzimtzum AND Expanding Our View

Aha! A phonecall from the mom of a child I work with, helped me understand matza balls. Tzimtzum (reduction) to the flatness of a matza, and then expanding big. Working in a language that is not my own, I have well learned to listen sharply, listen way more than I speak, ask and ask and ask until people are forced to clarify their own thoughts and distill their concerns into the clear elixir that is, in the end, their own cure. This family comes to me from faraway Zichron Yaacov, to work with their two lovely, quirky, different children. The mom, this morning, told me that I am more open, and more able to see big picture, than anyone she knows. More on this soon, I am busy cleaning into the tiniest corners of my drawers and cupboards. As above, so below, as below, so above. As we clean the details of our house, we clarify the details of our soul's storage areas. What will I keep, shine it up and display now? What will I keep, and put back into the drawer? What am I ready to kiss, honour, and let go of? How can I open feng shui spaces in my home and in my psyche? Get tiny, listen big. Do you wonder how on earth that is like matza balls? So it's not like matza balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment