Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Radical Acceptance

Radical Acceptance is a very useful habit. Total, complete, entire acceptance that this is where we are at right now. It doesn't mean giving up. What comes next may be a burst of energy. But with Radical Acceptance we let go of beating ourselves up, we let go of resenting. We let go of thinking it should have been otherwise. Or grieving the changes that our age has brought about. We are this age. It is what it is.  Now there is work to be done. Have no worries. This huge teaching came in a sweet way today. Simply, I was reporting, in a bit of a complaining voice, that all my funding applications were taken hours and hours this week. So much not the work that is my mission and my love, the actual therapy. "So you're writing grants today", said my wise lover. "That's fine". And suddenly it was. It was what it was. Radical Acceptance.

No comments:

Post a Comment