Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Truth and Its Opposite are True

Daddy tells me that for every aphorism there is an equal and opposite aphorism. Help me find the pairs:
"Necessity is the mother of invention" goes with "Invention is the mother of necessity" (I can't go anywhere without my cellphone now. Also, yesterday I was in a house with an elevator. The mom had already washed the stairs for Shabbat, so we had to take the elevator.)
"All's for the best in the best of all possible worlds" goes with "If anything can go wrong, it will"
"Spare the rod and spoil the child" goes with "If you baby a baby when he's a baby, you won't have to baby him when he's grown".
"We'll cross that bridge when we come to it" goes with "Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today"
"Absence makes the heart grow fonder" - "When I'm not near the one I love, I love the one I'm near"
Please help me find more!

No comments:

Post a Comment