Friday, January 9, 2009

You may be the answer to someone's prayers

Through bizarre twistings and networking turnings, I have met an adorable three-year-old boy with apraxia, who so far has found no one with my expertise and gift in building speech sounds from the first ah to the mmmmmmmmmmmm, with special games and whistles. I have seen little ones like this boy learn to talk. The process is complex, and needs, of course, to feel only like fun and play for him. And he lives around the corner from me in Netanya. When I met him, he cuddled right up to me, loved my toys and books, and we got started. His parents seem happy and hopeful too. That's what living is about. Realizing that each of us may be the angel that was sent to be the answer to another person's yearnings and prayers. As always, balance this with "dust, I am dust". And, as in all these teachings, 100% this, 100% that. I am nothing, 100%, an invisible speck in the universe, and 100%, I am the answer to someone's prayers.
Posted by nomikaston at 9:28 PM 0 comments

2 comments:

  1. I am only one, but still I am one.
    I cannot do everything, but still I can do something;
    And because I cannot do everything
    I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.
    ~ Helen Keller ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Enjoy the play and the service. Isn't it great when they go together?

    ReplyDelete